Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Flight of the BG

We call our oldest son B.G. for big guy. Last night it was the maiden flight of the BG.

It began innocently enough. I found my son folded into an empty cardboard box. As we are still in the 'Movement' there are many laying about.

Then he asked me to build a 'jedi fighter' for him. B.G. is obsessed with the mind numbing, drool inducing, kid cartoon, "The Clone Wars". He has been taken over by the latest marketing gimmick by the Lucas franchise.

He asked me to build a jedi fighter. Not a plane. Not a space ship. A jedi fighter. Oy.

To stall, and hope I would benefit from five year old amnesia, I asked him to find me a picture of what he wanted. He did. I still had no idea what I was going to do.

Thankfully with packing tape, the remnants of other boxes, a couple glue sticks and some aluminum foil one can make a five year old very, very happy.

The magic happened while we watched him 'fly' around the house. He wasn't the quirky five year old with the crooked teeth and funny lisp. He became a jedi warrior shooting down dinosaurs and other 'weally' bad guys. He looked taller. He looked older. He looked intent. He WAS a jedi warrior, until, of course, it was bed time. Then he was having a tantrum, that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Memorable Mama. Remember keep it clean. Keep it Memorable. :)